OCTOBER'S FAVOURITE BEAUTY BITS

Sunday, November 12, 2017


November has arrived and with it the proper autumny weather. Not that I wasn’t glad for the week of wearing skirts without tights mid-October –let’s not get crazy– but I’ve kinda been missing autumn fashion aka the beginning of coat season and curling up under warm fluffy blankets with a cuppa tea and a nice spicy scented candle nearby. Also, November means one more exciting thing: we are one step closer to Christmas! Woop woop! 

However, before closing October’s chapter, I wanted to share what I’ve been loving for the past few months in my first monthly favourites on the blog. So without further ado, let’s get started!

My first favourite is the Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm. As I tend to prefer BB creams to foundations, I am always on the lookout for the perfect one for me.
I bought this product after Anna from The AnnaEdit raved about it on her Instagram story, and I do not regret it! This is now the BB cream I wear every day. The coverage is quite good, yet natural, and makes my skin look all glowy and healthy. Another plus for me is how long it lasts. I have a combination skin and the other BB creams I have used tend to move throughout the day. With this one, I only set it with powder once in the morning and, at the end of the day, my chin is just a little bit shinier –nothing too bad though– but nothing moved. The only down side of the Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm would be the fact that it is only available in one shade in France and in the UK and two in the US. So, if you French or English people have a really pale skin you might find this a bit dark. For me however, the only shade available is perfect so I’m happy!  


The next item on my list is the NYX soft mattelip cream in the shade San Paulo. I’ve had this liquid lipstick for a while but this past month I have loved to wear this pink colour on my lips. I think it is the perfect pink to give your look a pop of colour without being too ‘in your face’, if you know what I mean. I am warning you though, this is not the most long lasting liquid lipstick I’ve ever used but, unless you plan to snog someone senseless while wearing it, you should be ok with a few touch-ups after your meals. 


This month I also loved using my Too Faced ‘better than sex’ mascara. I have purchased this one a few times already but I’m including it in my October favourites because I have worn it every single day this month. I find that the brush is really great to separate my lashes and give them length and volume at the same time. Love it!

Then we have this gorgeous Becca highlighter to which I have already dedicated a post >>here<<.  This product has definitely wormed its way into my makeup routine and now I find myself reaching for it when my face looks a bit dull in order to brighten it up a bit. I don’t know what I can say more about this product except that I BLOODY LOVE IT!


Finally, the last product I’ve been using a lot and loving in October is The Body Shop tea tree oil. This gem is one of the best sellers of the brand and I can understand why. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks when my skin was looking particularly worse for wear, especially on my chin and jawline area, and I’m pissed at myself for not buying this sooner! Every night, after my usual routine, I apply a few drops on the parts of my face on the verge of a breakout as well on the few spots that I have and I can see results the next morning. My jaw line area is getting clearer every day! This is magic!


What are your favourite products at the moment? 

M.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires