GET THAT BECCA GLOW

Sunday, September 24, 2017


I have a confession to make. Before two months ago, I had never EVER used highlighter in my makeup routine – don’t judge me!

To give you a bit of context, since I started to wear makeup I have been very minimalist on what I put on my face. I almost never wear foundation – if I really must wear something I prefer BB creams –, eyeliner never lasts throughout the day so I gave up wearing it, I just can’t be bothered to wear eyeshadow, and even blush is quite often forgotten. I simply don’t have the time in the morning to put on much makeup so I just focus on the essential to me which is to hide my imperfections (and look slightly awake).

Knowing this, you can imagine how highlighter has been the last of my worries for a good long while.

However, a couple months ago, I finally bought a product that made me change my make up routine for the first time in years. How did this happen? Well, that is actually the entire fault of my friend Marion who pointed out the Becca display shelf in Sephora and said “oh look at that new brand! The products are so pretty” and proceeded in swapping all the shades on her hand. Thanks Marion! I had not even seen it in the first place and was about to go on with my life without highlighter but now that I have my eyes on them I can’t just walk away!

So – of course – I couldn’t resist and bought the Glow on the Go Kit in the shade Opal which features two of Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector luminizer products in travel size.



The first product is the Shimmering Skin Perfector or Spotlight wand which is basically a gel highlighter that looks a bit like a concealer with its wand applicator. To be honest with you, I haven’t really been using it much because I simply don’t find this to be a crucial step in my routine so I tend to skip it. The first time I used it, I applied it like a normal highlighter on my cheekbones, brow bones, etc. but was disappointed because I did not really see the difference it made. However, I then tried to mix it with my BB cream and this time I found that it gave my skin a very natural healthy glow.


The second product is the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed which is by far my favourite out of the two products. I think I literally fell in love with this highlighter the first time I used it. I just couldn’t stop looking at how the light reflected on my cheekbones every time I passed a reflective surface like the vain person that I am – ahah! The texture of this pressed highlighter is quite creamy which makes it quite workable and so nice to apply. Also, this product is so pigmented so you need only a tiny bit of product every time which makes it last so long despite its travel size. I have been using it for 2.5 months straight and I’ve barely made a dent in it.

Now my Becca highlighter is an essential part of my make up routine. Especially in summer, the golden coppery tone of the pressed highlighter gave such a warm healthy shine to my face. However, I think that those copper undertones can also be appropriate for autumn.

And the final great ‘plus’ is that this kit is a lot less expensive than the products in full size. I bought mine 18 euros at Sephora – so about £15 – and I am pretty sure it will last me a long time. And if I finish it faster, well, I’ll just need to continue to explore my newfound love for highlighter with other great brands!



M.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires