MY NIGHTLY CLEASING ROUTINE

Sunday, October 29, 2017


Ladies (and gentlemen), makeup addict, beauty enthusiasts: what would you say is your personal favourite beauty routine?

There was a time when I would have said I liked doing my makeup best, but nowadays I think I prefer the process of taking it off. Cleansing my skin of all the makeup, dirt and pollution that accumulated during the day is so freeing and so satisfying to me. I feel like my skin is breathing again, fresh and ready for my night treatments to make it look good in the morning.

I still like makeup a lot, don’t get me wrong, but the older I get (do i sound like a little grandma when I say that?), the more I am looking for a more natural look and lifestyle. For starters, I go out a lot more without makeup on, and when I do I want to use it to enhance my ‘good skin’ rather that hide my imperfections like I did before.

My cleansing routine used to be very basic and not that effective when I think about it. At some point, I used to take off my makeup with micellar water and that was it. Now I have found some products that I love and that work really well with my 3-steps cleansing routine at night. Here’s how it goes:

Remove make-up 
The first step in my routine is to remove as much of my makeup as possible with my Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing gel. This product is one of my favourites and I have purchased it times and times again. 
It is basically a gel that turns into an oil when you rub it all over your face. It dissolves every bits of makeup, from very persistent matte lipstick to waterproof mascara. It is actually my favourite product to remove eye makeup as it does not burn my eyes nor makes my lashes fall out like using cotton pads tend to do. All I have to do is gently rub my lashes between my fingers and I can literally feel the mascara dissolving. Then I put water on my face, making the oil turn milky, and rinse everything off. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily nor dry and my make-up is basically all gone. Magic!


Double cleanse
The second step to my routine is to double cleanse my skin to make sure that no makeup or other impurities remains on my face. For this I use either the DHC mild soap or the Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser from Pai.
The DHC soap is quite gentle and contains olive oil and honey which keeps it from drying the skin. However, as it is a foaming product it can make your skin feel a bit tight if you use it every day. On the plus side, this product is really affordable and lasts literally forever – I’ve had mine for more than a year and a half and I'm not even close to finish it!

The second product I use is Pai’s Cleanser which I would recommend if you have very sensitive skin as it is even more gentle than the DHC soap and has lots of hydrating properties to it. The formula is alcohol and detergent-free in order to maintain the skin’s natural oil and pH balance and is full of Omegas 6 & 9 and Vitamin E. It is also vegan and cruelty free! The consistency of this product is very nice and creamy and feels very hydrating. You apply it on a dry face, massage it onto your skin (even the eyes as it does not burn at all) and then you take it off with a warm wet cloth and you are left with a really clean face!


Exfoliate
Finally, the last step is a recent development in my cleansing routine. I didn’t use to exfoliate my face every day but the Dermalogica daily microfoliant is gentle enough on my skin to wash away all remaining dead skin or impurities without being irritating. This product is a rice-based enzyme powder so it is not harsh like an ordinary exfoliant. It leaves your skin super smooth and instantly brighter and, on the long term, it helped reduce the tiny bumps on my forehead that I've been trying to get rid of for a while. Honestly, the only thing I don’t like about it is the price – 68 euros for a product is a lot – so if you know about a similar product that is cheaper I am all ears!


What about your routine? Do you have some all-time favourites to cleanse your skin? 

M.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires